Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The day has come...






The day I have been dreading for awhile has finally come. They tore down my building where I have been working for the last 14 months and have tossed me out on the street
....okay not entirely true but I think I would rather be on the street than crammed into a separate building they have offered us. You see, there are two separate departments where I work. There are those who think they are better than everyone and then there is Used Cars. The outcasts. That's us. It is almost as bad as putting a van full of BYU fans into a hoarding pit of U of U followers. Bad idea.

As you can see in the pictures the place I use to call home away from home has been demolished into a pile of rubble. The good part is that I came away with some pretty cool stuff! On Saturday last they told us that anything not moved out by Monday morning would be demolished and trashed. I didn't plan on taking anything home with me but when I arrived on Monday morning I saw that there was still quite a bit left there. A garage sale goers paradise! I looted (or inherited as I prefer to say) the following:

-A nice oak TV entertainment center (furniture only) that I donated to my recently married brother.

-A Sony VCR

-A whiteboard (what I am going to use it for I do not yet know)

-A slightly used and slightly torn leather desk chair

-Four nice softly cushioned chairs

All of this stuff would probably go for like 500+ dollars and I got it absolutely FREE!!

5 comments:

Sarah Kaye said...

Cool! Free stuff you don't need!! That is always the best kind of stuff. My work is so cheap they wouldn't dream of giving away old stuff. Not till it's unusable anyway. You're so lucky, Fred!

The Cullimore's said...

Yo, Fred! Nice blog...very interesting stuff on here. Hope all is well with the adjustments at work, etc. Nice to get free stuff, I agree!!!

Derek

King Family said...

FRED LEE! I love it....glad to see you are doing well working on the street?!?! I love free stuff. If it isn't free it isn't a good deal.

Tropicanna said...

I LOVE free stuff! Lucky!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sapresodas.net/][img]http://sapresodas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]is quarkxpress 8 compatible with quarkxpress 7, [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]2007 Retail Price[/url]
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]Adobe Acrobat Pro 8[/url] academic software on software for offices
buy cheap coreldraw graphics suite x4 at low price [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]Pro 2[/url] cheap software to buy
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]student discount on microsoft office 2007[/url] free password recovery filemaker pro
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]charity discount software[/url] filemaker pro 9 hybrid academic
oem software mean [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]adobe reader 9 do i need to install acrobat also[/url][/b]