Monday, June 16, 2008

Take advantage of those days

Today is a day I just seem to be in the mode of writing! Yikes! Has it really been that long since I have updated my blog? Me a bad kid.

Okay, update on life. I am single. The end.

Just kidding. I am actually embracing my single life a lot right now. I do wish to be married at some point and I know I will but for now I am very content in the life I've got. I recently moved up to Centerville into a new townhome and I LOVE IT! I am still renting but MAYBE once my lease is up the family will want to sell it. I am hoping so. This seems like a place I could stay in for quite some time. The landlords are fantastic! they let me paint all I want and they will even deduct it from the rent! WAHOO! Now that is cool.

Danny James and Aaron For are my roommates and they keep the place rockin'. Why just last night the three of us and a bunch of friends had a scary video game party and we about shat ourselves like 10 times. I love friends.

I have met many many new friends and am excited to see where my new found friendship takes me. I definitely have my hopes with how things will turn out. I have even met new people to date! YAY! I love dating. I have come to the conclusion though that I am too silly for anyone to take seriously and date exclusively at the moment. I just need some really good friends. If there is a love spark that comes from these new found friends then I may take it.

I think moving out of my old Winder 14th ward has been a very good decision. I have many a good memory from that ward but also things in the past year have given me an itch for a change. That is exactly what I am going for. The best things that came out of the Winder ward was I definitely feel that my testimony about the gospel has grown. At the same time I have found life to be a lot harder and have done some pretty stupid stuff but God has been there to remind me and smack me back into place. *SMACK* I really enjoyed having a calling that would involve me during the week rather than just during the Sunday block.....but at the same time it drained me. YIKES! I felt like I was back on my mission. Actually......come to think of it I have never really been released from my position.....well I sorta kinda was when I told the Bishop I was moving....so I think my counselors have things under control. :D Anyone know an update of the EQP in the Winder 14th? Okay....I am rambling.

All in all I have a very positive outlook on life. I foresee great happiness and fun days to come!

Oh, but I do have a bit of venting to do. Isn't that what a blog is for?

I have auditioned for a lot of shows lately. Into the Woods and BIG the Musical at the Hale and also Pirated at Rodgers Memorial Theater. Well, I sorta made 2 of the shows....sorta but didn't get any of the parts I wanted. I didn't get cast in Into the Woods and I worked HARD for that part. That is the show I have never been able to get into. I call it my "back to reality" show. I DID get cast in BIG but they forgot to look at my conflict schedule so after actually looking at it they uncast me. HA! the last one I auditioned for was Pirated. It's basically Pirates of Penzance meets Sound of Music. I am pretty darn familiar with the show and I have been aching for the chance to work with Jim Christian. I didn't necesarilly think I was a shoe in for the role but after numerious build up from friends and having played the part of Frederick twice I figured I had a pretty good shot. Right? Well, I didn't get the role I shot for but I still got cast. I am okay with the role I got but I can't help but feel a little discouraged with myself. *sigh* Now, I don't really have any reason to complain cause I have been lucky in getting the roles I audition for. It still can be frustrating though. :P With all of what has happened in the last few months I sorta want to try out for the big stuff. Like Broadway Across America or something like that. I just wanna see if I could do it. Me NOT getting the parts I auditioned for has actually re-motivated me. :D It reminds me of one of my best friends Joseph Warden. When he sent his apllication in to a bunch of very well known schools for college and he received notice that he was NOT accepted he didn't let that discourage him too much. Actually, if I remember right it DID discourage him quite a bit. Even to the point of him framing a rejection letter from Julliard so he could see it and be reminded. He didn't look at it and wallow in rejection, he used it as motivation to try harder and achieve greater things. THAT'S what I wanna be like.

....and on that note I will bring this blog entry to a close....and I say these things in the name of... amen;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! You are such an inspiration to me! If only I were younger! But seriously, you amaze me with your ambitions and drive...it seems like you can do anything you put your mind to...so don't EVER give up!

Sarah said...

I agree with what she said. If only I were younger!

You are a blog inspiration to us all. (I mean, I updated...)

Anne Gessel said...

Friendlee - I love your guts! You are one of the most amazing people I know. You will make some girl very happy!

The Cullimore's said...

Fred-eeee!

Good to hear from you buddy! Glad to keep up with the changes...most importantly...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!

Talk to you soon, man!

DC

Rebekah said...

Maybe I'll see you around; I live in Centerville, too! Rebekah (Wolferts) Wells

Sarah Kaye said...

This comment is EXACTLY one month from when you wrote this post. Good thing we don't base our friendship on how often we comment on each others blogs... I love your new house, even though it's too far away. I love your face, too. :)

Sarah said...

a) the name of amen? is that anyone's name?

b) you need to update