Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No out

I'm failing all my classes. Call it lack of motivation or whatever. I tend to get in ruts....I get 1 week behind in an assignment and then I just frustrate myself more with each passing week. I try to escape by going on vacations and hanging out with friends. It helps put me in a great mood but then reality soon sits in and I realize I am 5 weeks behind.....DOH!

Recently one of my nieces passed away. Sabrina Gabriella Bennett. She was barely 3 months when she passed away in the night. It has been very hard for my older sister Tammy and her husband Troy. I had the opportunity to spend some time with her before she left this earth. She was the cutest pinkest little baby you will ever meet. Here are some of my favorite pictures of her:





Angry baby! :)

Such a cute pink plump figure!


First time mommy and daughter meet.



baby with daddy.



Sleeping with mommy
Precious baby Sabrina. You will stay in our hearts forever!

This precious little angel was taken in the night back to our Heavenly Father. Although it has been hard for my family I know that it has also unified us in great ways.

I was listening to my sister Tammy yesterday after the funeral service talk about how she has dealt with this whole situation. For her and her husband it has been extra hard because they had to deal with two funeral services and in a way two goodbyes. On Saturday the 7th they had the first funeral service in Seattle Washington. They then came to Utah and had the second funeral service and burial on Monday the 9thof November. Tammy said that so many people had come to her to say how impressed with how she had been able to handle everything. Making decisions on where to bury her and where to have the services etc. While we were sitting talking as a family she said: "It's not that I was so strong. It's that there was no other thing to do. There was no out. Of course I am going to do everything for my daughter." This struck me pretty hard. How many times do we not do 100% and instead find an out? STORY. OF. MY. LIFE. I am the KING of looking for outs. Especially lately with school.

Well, this is my new motivation! NO OUTS! Just get things done. Why look for an out when you know that the final accomplishment is BETTER than the out?! If you look for an out then down the road you are just going to be dodging the same thing and will try to find another out. Blah. That's not worth it.

So, I am going to pass my classes. If I get only C's then I will be content.

Ready? GO!

12 comments:

Erin said...

Wow Fred- I don't normally read when people post their blog links on FB but for some reason I came to yours today and had no idea what was going to be here.
I can relate on so many levels- to you and to your sister. Its funny, I was just thinking yesterday about my own daughters death at five months old and how everyone said the same thing to me, "I don't know how you are doing all of this..." I heard this comment often during her life too while she was in the hospital and we were on a constant rollercoaster of life and death, good days and bad, highs and lows. My only response was "you just do, there is nothing else to do."
My life has become a bit like you are describing yours. Though I am not in school, I am struggling with failing constantly in my job, as a mom, homemaker, friend, wife, everything. I procrastinate like crazy and by about 4 every day I decide I am screwed for today but I will try again tomorrow. I am more stressed than I have every been which is crazy when you consider what I went through with my daughter. Anyway, sorry to unload on you, but your post has inspired me too. I need to just do it like I did then, and remember to be thankful for these small challenges. They are so minor and I have conquered much more than this. Send my love to your sister, and make sure that you are still there for her a few months and a year from now. You get a big boost at first from the spirit and all the people that rally around you when you lose a child, but people start to fade as life goes back to normal, and thats when it gets so hard for moms.
Erin Barnett

Rebekah said...

Fred, I was so sorry to hear about the passing of your niece.

As far as school goes-- I'm cheering you on! You can do it! You're amazing!

April Fossen said...

Freddy, this breaks my heart. You and your family are all in my thoughts.

Sonia Maughan said...

GREAT blog post, Pumpkin Pie. I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. Your "No Outs" theme is spot on.... I'm sure we can all relate! Thanks for the motivation.

<3 you!

Em said...

If you need to come down to my house so I can make you do your homework, you're more than welcome to. I'll of course feed you dinner as well. (not mac 'n cheese)

Deanna said...

do it. PASS em. I had an independent study class that really had nothing to do with my major and wasn't needed but BYU said I needed it graduate since I transferred. I extended it as many times as I could...then hoped for a D-. But once I actually decided to do it, it was easy and my grade was way better than that.
Cute baby. I don't know why things happen, besides sometimes just to help us be better and stronger. But the Lord knows what is best for us--as hard as that may be to accept, so we need to trust Him. Proverbs 3:5-6.
xoxoxo

Peggy Sherratt said...

Freddie...I haven'checked on the "links" on my blog for sometime....glad I did. Boy! What a time for your family!!! My heart goes out to you and your family. Sometimes we go through life as if we are drifting. And then something hits us like we just hit a brick wall going 100 miles and hour. Then we get this beautiful perspective.
You are this amazing... strong person. So, roll up your sleeves and go to it. You can...because...you are Fred!!
I love you and miss you!
Peggy

ADDollhouse said...

My little bro has been slacking and is in the same situation. Time to buckle down! Nose to the grindstone! All those other annoying sayings!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anne Gessel said...

So you might not be very good at blogging but I SUCK at reading blogs. I miss you Freddy. I cried when I read about tammy's baby. That breaks myheart. I am so sorry for them & you family. How did or is school going? You need to text me your email so I can invite you to my blog. I have the same number. Love your guts!

Anonymous said...

Thank u :) check out that emo boy hair on this blog:
http://crazy-emo-boys.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love you.