Friday, June 15, 2007

To buy or not to buy

So I just got back yesterday form Lagoon for the second time this year and I rode the new roller coaster Wicked! It was, as they say, WICKED! You start our in a tunnel and you hear a build up as if you are going to take off and then ZOOOOOOOOOOMMM you are launched into a straight vertical 110 feet in the air in a matter of seconds. It is a very big rush! Oh, but it doesn't stop there, oh no. You then pummel back down 110 feet then follow the track on what is a very (wait for it) WICKED experience.

I think when it comes to amusement parks I tend to turn into a 7 year old again. The transformation takes place as soon as they stamp my hand. I see the Lagoon stamp and the inner child is born. I start running through the park making sure I can get on the latest coolest rides! Or at least I want to....I sometimes realize that I am with respectable adults who would look at me strangely to go dashing off to to ride the Swings (which by the way you are required to flap your arms up and down for the duration of the ride). So I can't usually get them to run to each ride but rather move to the next ride at a fast face. I think my favorite rides this year are as follows:
-Wicked
-The Spider
-Colossus
-The Cliffhanger
-The Swings
One thing I am facing the decision is should I buy a season pass to Lagoon? I have basically been twice in the last two weeks and I see myself going a few more times and if that does happen I will have spent well more than the $80 dollars or so it costs to get into the park. I guess it really decides on who else I know is planning on going. I know my sister and my nephews will venture to Farmington again this summer to take part of "what fun is".
So, should I buy a season pass or not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you get another person in on your pass? Or at least a $5 discount or something cool? :)

I'm the same way with the Swings - LOVE them!

Sarah Kaye said...

For the love of all that is good and holy! Wicked IS great. -ska