Ok, so all that I wrote above was a lie.....all except for being a car salesman for the past year. It has not made me a dishonest person but actually made me a lot more honest and upfro
nt with people than I expected it to be. You see, these days people do enough research to know whether or not someone is trying to lie to them or trick them with old fashion car selling tactics. I have witnessed where people have been lied and cheated to in sales (not only car) so their salesperson could make a few extra bucks. I guess I have too much of a conscious to be able to do that. When I sold my own father his truck when he was in the market I felt a little bit guilty making a commission off of him cause I just wanted him to feel like he got a good deal! Oh, and by the way he did!Since I have been here at the dealership for a year I am feeling like I have found my groove. I am no longer looked on as the new guy but as a salesman who has a bit of experience under his belt. I do fairly well for myself. I feel as if the winds are changing things though. I have been
comfortable in my position here in the Used Car building where the guys can rally when it's slow and we can even toss around the pigskin if we need a little exercise! However, this building I have been spend
ing my working hours is about to be torn down and the used car department will soon be joined together with the new car department. We will still be our own department but kept under a tighter of a leash now that we will be in the same building as the big boss man.In our morning meeting I hear other guys state how we will be as a deer in the headlights once we are all together. How our lives and our jobs will be a lot more difficult once the building is all done.
I say bring it on!

2 comments:
So does that mean not as much internet time??? Noooooo! Change is good, though. I usually resist it as long as possible, but once I accept it I realize that its not so bad and usually for the better.
Hahah! You mean they might actually expect you to WORK while at work? Sheesh! Who does that? :)
xox
Post a Comment