Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What's your next project?

I just recently finished back to back plays (kinda). I did Forever Plaid in the beginning of March and then had a few days off then I auditioned for Damn Yankees. I wasn't planning on even auditioning but my dearest friend Hilary convinced me otherwise (thanks Hil)!
My nights for as long as I can remember have been filled with bat juggling, seen blocking, and stage kissing. I really can't recall what I did with my free free nights before February. What DID I do? I have a vague memory of video games and watching movies with friends
at night but other than that I am totally drawing a blank. Oh well.
Now that I am done with Damn Yankees people have been asking me what my next project will be. "Are you going to audition for any more plays Fred?" or "So, what's next on your list Freddy boy?". The answer I always give? "Oh, I am gonna take some time off for awhile....just work throughout the summer. Maybe go back to school." This is the classic answer I give to people. I guess I could just come forward and say "HOW SHOULD I KNOW PEOPLE??? I AM SPONTANEOUS!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT I AM DOING RIGHT NOW???" Of course if I did tell people that I wouldn't yell it like that.....actually come to think of it I think that WOULD be kinda fun. After all I am kinda dramatic at times. I think the next time someone asks me "what is your next project Freddy my lad?" I will look them in the eyes and scream out the phrase from above and then kick them in the shins!

I am really not upset that people ask me that question or anything but it I guess it just gets old after, oh....say the 3rd time it has been asked that day! Kinda like when someone asks you the basic "so how is work?" and "what are ya doing this summer?" or the infamous "How has your mom been?".......okay, maybe not that last one but you get my idea.

Okay, so what is my next project? Probably a lot of video games and reading. Oh, and see lots of movies! That sounds like a good idea. That is what I am gonna do. Of course until someone convinces me to do another show.

The end.

1 comment:

Sarah Kaye said...

I already asked you what you're going to do now, and you gave me your "standard answer." But let me ask you this, are you gonna retroactively kick me in the shins???