Monday, December 29, 2008

Clutter clean-up comes to a SCREEEECHING HALT!

I have been living in this amazing town home in Centerville since May of '08 and I have absolutely loved it! It's been my favorite place to live yet! Because I was the one who found the place I had first choice of the bedrooms. I am on the ground level with in the master bedroom with my own walk in bathroom/closet. I have painted nearly every room in the lower level of the house.
The only thing that has been bothering me as of late is how cluttered my room is. I am a pack rat. Always have been. It is very hard for me to throw things away. I have stacks of unmarked cd's, unlabeled cassette and video tapes, old birthday cards, some clothes I have had since '97, and much more.
Well, I decided to start somewhere! I started going through all my boxes and have thrown away a good majority of crap. What I have mainly done is condensed my stuff. What I had in 7 boxes I now have in 7 bins. My cd's I started going through and labeling. I must have had 300 cd's that had no label. So I started uploading old music, pictures, and programs that I had forgot about. This took me about three evenings to get through. I came across one cd that said Freddy's files and so I opened it up and came across a bunch of pictures I had deleted off of my old computer of an old girlfriend. You may remember me getting pretty serious with a girl who lived in Sweden. We dated for little over a year and I really thought she was the one. A good majority of our relationship was through email and msn chat. During this time I had saved every online conversation, music exchanged, and picture sent. this is a girl who has since moved and been married for over a year now. I have been over her and accepted everything with it not working out but when I started reading some of the conversations we had and I browsed through some pictures all the emotions came right back. I was really in love with girl and we were so close. My heart dropped and my head began to ache. Of course the organizing of my things stopped and I just sat there in a stupor for who knows how long.

This isn't a woe is me post. Not in the slightest. In fact, I thing this is more a GO IS ME post! To summarize what I did after my moping and whining about an ex, I got rid of the cd (without uploading the files) and threw out a bunch more crap. It's like I have done an inner cleansing of my life now that my room is a lot less cluttered. It's true I have yet to throw away my shirts from '97 but I am one step closer to! I even put new satin sheets on my bed! They are red. They make me feel like Hue Hefner. They go great with my brand new down pillows my mother gave me for Christmas!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hey, Heff!!! Those are some pretty fancy sheets...just be sure you don't slide off the bed...cause that would really suck!

I am glad that you had a chance to de-clutter...I need to do the same thing...maybe you can be my inspiration!!! You already are for so many things you have no idea about...

Deanna said...

hmm...red satin???
xoxoxo