Saturday, January 3, 2009

A new beginning.......2009!

Welcome oh year of 2009! Your brother 2008 sure did bring some good times, sad times, rough times, exciting times, boring times, and some interesting times. I hope you are just as entertaining as your older brother.

On New Years Eve I set out to find me some parties! I ended up not going to any friends parties but spent the night at my sister Cc's house. I got a quick smooch from an old friend to close out 2008. I didn't get a 2009 midnight kiss (and have yet to receive/give one to in 2009) but that's okay I started the New Year out right with some bubbly (Martinelli's and Welch's Sparkling cider) and we ran up and down the street banging pots and pans!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I think the best part about that night was our joyous bell kicks! Here's me gettin' some good air!
My sister Georgia shows the luck of the Irish!

My sister Rhonda (Cc) gives Peter Pan a run for his money.

After the night was through and I laid my sweet head to rest, in the morning came our tradition Lee family toast and New Years Resolution setting! I set some pretty realistic goals (I think), and instead of checking up on them at the end of the year I am determined to keep them somewhere visible (like my blog) as a constant reminder.
Here they are:

1-Make a BIG CHANGE this year
-My brother Lamont said this resolution sounded pretty vague, so I will expand on it. I want a major life changing event to take place. Something big from the decisions I make. It could be career-wise, school-wise, something to do with a relationship, or maybe moving to NY! This will be a switch point year for me!

2-Personal Blog each week
Last year I think I blogged 20 times. So this year I gotta hit 56! I hope that this year I will have a variety of blog topics from politics to family to school etc.

3-Start a Lee Family Blog
I get a lot of people asking for updates on how my brothers and sisters are doing, so I plan on making a Lee fam blogspot account and each month feature a different family member. So, family? I am going to need your help on this one! You will be receiving an email from me shortly with more.

4-DISNEYLAND!
It's been over 10 years since I have been. I think it's a great idea to plan to go over my birthday! I get in free!

5-Birthday cards or phone calls to all family and to close friends
This is pretty self explanatory. I just gotta do it!


6-Respond to all text messages, phone calls, etc from everyone
With the digital world most people that try to reach me do so by an email or text message and an occasional phone call. Sometimes I become a hermit and don't respond. That's mean. I need to just respond and NOT be lazy about it!

7-Swear less
I have acquired a sailors tongue. A big reason is because I work with a lot of people who just don't care. This IS something I can perfect myself in.

8-Re-print all mission negatives and get them digital
On my mission I must have taken 60 rolls of film and a good majority of these photos I printed were given to families or sent to friends. I have all the negatives. There are pictures I have not seen for 8-9 years. I am gonna get on this!

9-Finish my associates and take a big chunk out of my Bachelors
I am back in school and I should finish up my associates by summer but it might take longer because of my work schedule. I am still working 40+ hours. It's time to just get it DONE!

10-Finish El Libro De Mormon
The last few months I have been reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish out loud. My Spanish has gotten worse the last few years so I am brushing up on it! Might as well be spiritual while I am at it!
11-Clean Room Always
There is going to be some clutter. But I CAN keep up on laundry and keep it neat and tidy!

12-Put on 15lbs of muscle
Yeah, laugh it up. Ha ha. I weigh a healthy 146 right now but I would like to be a bit bigger. I use to weigh 125 but then bulked up to 145 in about 5 weeks! My target weight I would like to be at is between 160-165.

13-Learn one new song on piano and guitar
I am okay at guitar but I don't know how to play the piano very well. This is a fun new musical goal!

14-$4000 into savings
I have a 401k that I have been contributing into for the last year and I put about $4,000 into it last year. I would LIKE to put more but I am taking care of other debt I have at the moment.

15-Be in a book club and read 1 book a month!
Thanks to my friend Lindsay Beardall I think this one may actually happen! I love book clubs!

16-Fred Chef
I can cook a little but I want to be able to cook more. I am going to learn some new recipes!

17-Organize or be in charge of a service project
I need to do more for people. I have spent too much time focusing on myself and I want to give a little back.

18-DO NOT rely on my overdraft
One problem of living paycheck to paycheck is that when I want something I rely on my overdraft. I want to be able to stay positive in my checking account instead of going negative and dipping into that dern overdraft!

19-Go hiking, camping, fishing
There is something so rewarding about the outdoors! I did this last year and it will be something I go again!

20-BE ON TIME!
I am always late. 10-15 minutes sometimes more. It is something my whole family is bad at. I dated a girl that told me this bothered her a bit. Out of respect to others I am just going to be ON TIME!

Okay! This is it! This can be done! I need to just set a pace and stick to it.




5 comments:

Tammy Bennett said...

Love the Happy New Year kicks! Those are some good pics. Your blog is so much fun to read!

Patterson5 said...

Gosh I din't know you had a sailor mouth! HaHa! thats what we call it in our family! You have been doing such great blogging! And all your goals...that's AMAZING! I like set one or two, but now you have inspired me to set more. Oh and bell kicks are such great times! Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

Kudos to you for setting so many good goals! I don't usually set New Year's goals...but this year my whole family set one together so I kindda had to.

Just so you know, you aren't the only one who didn't get a New Year's kiss...then again...I can't remember the last time I was kissed by someone other than a relative or my dog...pretty sad...'nuff 'bout me...

May you achieve your goals this year!

Em said...

If you want some really tasty but easy recipes, let me know and I'll send them your way.

BeautyFul said...

Those are some lofty goals... Good luck with that! Aim high my friend!

So how is it that you, Georgia and Rhonda get such good air...?

AMAZING!