Ode to a Corndog:Ever since last week I have craved you. Your crispy crunchy outer-ness and your flavorful soft hot doggy center. Twice now I have sought out for you and twice I have failed. Time separated and taste mocked, but you were soon mine! Mustard and ketchup and a 350 degree wonder brought out your best. I munched you up ever so fast and put my taste buds, finally, to rest.
Yesterday I ventured to the Gateway mall downtown to return a few things. *sigh* Some nice nice things. My sisters Tammy, Rhonda, and my brother Dean all pitched in to give me a few gift cards for Christmas. About a week ago I was at the Fashon Place Mall and I bought a really nice zip up sweater from Eddie Bauer (thanks Tammy). It has also been awhile since I have bought some nice pants so I ventur
ed to the Buckle. Bad BAD idea. I had a $75 gift card and went into the store and spent over $250 in jeans! There was maybe a time when I was racking in the dough but right now I am in school and living pretty nice in a bigger townhouse so......money is a bit tighter. I also splurged a bit (I guess I got on a roll) on some other items I needed. I wanted a fm transmitter so I could listen to my music I have downloaded onto my Sprint phone (not nearly as cool as the iphone) in my car. On Subday evening I was going over some finances and I realized that I had spent a lot of money on junk I really didn't need. Who needs a pair of $100 jeans? Do I really have to have a $50 dollar fm transmitter that picks up more static than actual music? So, like I said earlier, I ventured back to the to return an expensive pair of jeans and then a few other things. The transmitter I also returned. I got refunded nearly $200 total. I decided to keep one of the really nice pair of jeans (used from the gift cards I got from Dean and Cc, thanks guys!) to go with my new Eddie Bauer zip up. I decided to take a few pics to show off my late Christmas clothes!
An actual one where you can see the cool shirt the pants I kept.I figure if I am going to achieve a lot of the goals I have this year (travel more, don't live on overdraft OR paycheck to paycheck) then I really have to be careful on what I spend things on. Time to stop living in luxury! It's time to Save SAVE SAVE!
Goodbye expensive wonder-pants!

8 comments:
Dear corndog, how I miss you. When will you return your sweet presence to me?
oh, and nice butt!!!
I can assure you that I need $100 jeans, really two and three hundred dollar jeans would be better. But I am also going without. My first clothing return in ages was a pair of jeans that were only $100! I loved them but well, I knew my husband would take awat my credit card later. lol.
Hot pictures. Especially nice presentation on the corn dogs. rofl!
XoXo
Amy
Nice.........pants! Also nice sweater. I'm glad you got to spend your Eddie Bauer card!
Hi Fred!
Now I want a corndog. And new jeans.
Guess what?! The other day I ran into a friend who said she was bummed she missed "Plaid Tidings." When I asked if she knew you, she told me this amazing story about how she had to fire her Seymour and called you a week before their "Little Shop" run started. Just in case you weren't sure, Liz Brown is your fan for life! Oh, yeah, so am I.
Oh corn dog...how I too love your deliciousness!! That's one great thing about being a stay at home mom...corn dogs are a frequent meal at my house!!! Nice jeans! ;) Love your New Year's resolutions...you inspired me to add a few to my list as well! Can't wait for the SUPER BOWL!!
Hhmmm.....you must REALLY like corndogs. To each his own! I did enjoy the great "corny" love letter though!
And great up-close shot of those pockets! Hey, if you've got it, you've got it! Right!?
does your mom know you post photos of your corndog and booty on here?
xoxoxo
mmmmm...corndog.
Post a Comment